My hubby loves apple pie and any dessert with apples. He asked me to make apple crisp and I honestly thought it would be a lot harder to make. I was wrong. This was so easy and quick! If you are looking for a different dessert to make Thanksgiving then pie, this is it!
Easy Apple Crisp
4 apples- Peeled, cored, & sliced
2 Tbsp water
1/2 C. Honey
1 tsp ground Cinnamon
3/4 C. Brown sugar
3/4 C. All purpose flour
3/4 C. Rolled oats
3 Tbsp Room temp butter or Margarine (not melted)
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Lightly grease a medium casserole dish (I have used an 8 inch round pan and its ok). Evenly spread apple slices into dish.
2. In separate small bowl, mix lemon juice and water. Pour over apples (so they don't get that yucky brown color). Drizzle apples with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.
3. In bowl mix brown sugar, flour, oats, and butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs (add more butter if needed). Sprinkle this mixture over the apples in the pan.
4. Bake 25 min or until the apples are tender and the topping is is slightly browned.
5. Serve with vanilla ice cream!