Mint and Chocolate are one of my favorite combinations. Recently I went to a girls night and we watched a fun chick flick. Movies + Popcorn= Heaven. I made this yummy popcorn and it was hit!
1/2 bag of Mint chocolate chips
1/2 bag of Chocolate chips (Dark or semi sweet are my favorite)
6 cups Popcorn
2 TBS Coconut Oil
1. Pop your popcorn (I use an air popper). Put wax paper onto cookie sheet and place popcorn on top.
2. Melt mint chocolate chips with coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 20 seconds at a time until, completely melted. Stir and melt for another 20 seconds until completely melted.
3. Drizzle mint chocolate over popcorn and let harden.
4. Follow steps 2 and 3 for chocolate chips.
5. Put popcorn into fridge for 10 minutes.
6. Enjoy :)
*You may need to melt more chocolate depending on how much popcorn you make.
One of the things I love about this recipe is that you don't need any fancy ingredients. Chocolate chips and popcorn are ingredients we all usually have on hand. It doesn't take much to turn plain boring popcorn into gourmet popcorn!
Not only is this yummy all year round, but I thought it was appropriate since St. Patrick's Day is coming up. Green food on St. Patrick's Day is a must! I know my kids will love it and I hope you will too.
Liz on Call, Blooming Homestead
The Girl Creative, Tatertots and Jello,